Within our "Fifty Years of Spider-Man" Titles Database you can find the following collectibles:
Within those Realms, the goal is to collect:
All relevant Spider-Man Appearances and Tie-Ins from 1962–2015.
Of course, things aren't always entirely clear-cut. Here are our site-rules for determining what is included and what is excluded.
- We include: Classic Universe-616 Peter Parker original Spider-Man.
- We include: Alternate universe Spidey 2099, Spider-Man 1602, What If, Earth X, Exiles, etc.
- We include: Comics up to and including cover date October 2015, plus Secret Wars (2015).
- We include: Reprints of core Spider-Man titles, if they published in the U.S.A. or U.K.
- We include: Spider-Man Guest Appearances, Flashbacks, and Cameo Appearances.
- We include: Spider-Man Magazine Articles and Previews.
- We include: Spider-Man Profiles in Marvel Handbooks and Guides.
- We include: Spider-Man Fakes, Robots, Clones, Costumes (if "presented as" Spider-Man).
- We include: Spider-Man References (e.g. Spider-Man appears on a T-Shirt, poster, billboard).
- We include: Spin-Offs starring Spider-Woman, Spider-Girl, Venom, Carnage, Arana, Mary-Jane.
- We include: All Issues of a Spider-Man Title even if Spidey is temporarily absent.
- We include: Variant Covers for all core Spider-Man titles.
- We include: Variant Covers for all Spin-Off titles up until June 2010.
- We exclude: Anything following the All-New, All-Different Marvel reboot of 2015.
- We exclude: Variant Covers for all Spin-Off titles from July 2010 onwards.
- We exclude: Compilations/Reprints of guest or spin-off appearances.
- We exclude: Notepads, drawing books or stationary that are essentially blank.
- We exclude: A single standalone coloring page or single sheet of stickers.
- We exclude: Books in "Library Binding" format if a regular Hardback also exists.
- We exclude: Books which contain only stickers and/or blank/lined pages.
- We exclude: Marvel corporate material that was only distributed internally.
- We exclude: Pure advertising material with no story or entertainment.
- We exclude: Signed cover variants.
- We exclude: Artificially limited variants (less than 1,000 copies).
- We exclude: Remarked variants.
- We exclude: Printing error and recalled variants.
- We exclude: Newsstand variants.
- We exclude: Online comics.
Notes on Terminology: A Realm is one of the domains listed at the top of the page – "Comics", "Cards", etc.
A Realm is divided into "Titles", where a Title contains one or more "Issues". Web of Spider-Man (Vol. 2) is a Title, and Web of Spider-Man (Vol. 2) #1 is a single Issue within that Title. Some Issues are Multi-Part. Some Issues have Variants.
Those terms are standard in the world of Comic-collecting. When it comes to Fast Food Toys or TV Shows, then a certain of amount of license has to be applied to find a corresponding structure.