Comics : Spider-Man Unlimited (Vol. 3)
This is a showcase title, featuring two half-length stories each issue, with issues produced bi-monthly. Both stories are by unrecognized new talent writers and artists, and the quality varies accordingly. The stories are not particularly tied into the mainstream continuity, so if your budget is restricted and you are looking to collect only a couple of Spidey titles, this is one you can probably drop without too much impact. Still, it's a good collection, with a few gems here and there.
The first version of this title Spider-Man Unlimited was originally developed as a place to put longer Spidey stories, and ran for 22 issues in the '90s before being canceled.
It was later resurrected Spider-Man Unlimited (Vol. 2) in 1999 as a sort of twisted Spider-Man: The Animated Series/Fox TV spin-off that lasted only five issues before also being canceled.
Note: Comics shown are for database purposes only. None of these comics are for sale. Valuations shown are indicative Near Mint Values. Dates shown are cover dates.
Jump to the Spider-Man Comics Main Index.
The Spider-Man Comics Database is indexed in five different ways:
- Spider-Man Comics Credits Listing
- Spider-Man Comics Checklists
- Spider-Man Comics Chronology
- Spider-Man Comics Continuity Guide
- Spider-Man Titles Index (See Below)
The Spider-Man Titles Index is categorized into:
- Spider-Man Core Titles
- Spider-Man Limited Series & One Shots
- Spider-Man Mainstream Guest Apps
- Spider-Man Spin-Offs
- Spider-Man 2099
- Spider-Man Manga
- Spider-Man Marvel Adventures Universe
- Spider-Man MC2 Universe
- Spider-Man Ultimate Universe
- Spider-Man X-Verse
- Spider-Man Other Universes
- Spider-Man Non-Marvel Guest Apps
- Spider-Man Role-Playing
- Spider-Man Coloring & Activity Books
- Spider-Man Books (Not Coloring & Activity)
- Industry Material
- Spider-Man Promo
- Guides, References, Encyclopedia
- Spider-Man Reprints
If you're confused by the current titles, then you might want to read our Current Title Summary which lists the current titles, and how they fit together.
For further information about the contents and arrangement of this database, please read our database notes page. This contains information on the Inclusion Guidelines, the Variant Cover Guidelines, the Graphics Keys, the Appearance Levels, the Comic/Book Valuations, the Review Ratings, and the SMURF Codes.