Comics : Look & Find The Marvel Heroes
This story is part of a Lookback Series: Book of the Month Club
This review was first published on: Jul 2012.
You all know "Look & Find" books, right? Each double-spread page contains a minutely-detailed illustration. Hidden amongst the complex scene is a half-dozen or so items for you to find.
There are hundreds (probably thousands) of such "Look & Find" books. This one is "Look & Find The Marvel Heroes", and Spider-Man guest stars.
Look & Find The Marvel Heroes
Jan 2007 : SM Guest
Find ISBN 1412766656
Summary: Spider-Man Appears
Adapted By: Look & Find Marvel Avengers, GotG, Spider-Man
Reprinted In: Marvel Heroes Extreme Look & Find
The book is large, 10" x 12" hard-cover with 20 pages (including inner front and back).
There are eight scenes altogether. They feature:
- An army of Doom-Bots attacking the Fantastic Four in New York City.
- The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants attacking the X-Mansion.
- Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Blade and Wolverine fighting spooks in a graveyard.
- Spider-Man & Friends fighting villains TImes Square.
- The Leader, the Abomination and their army battling Hulk and Namor at the beach.
- Daredevil & Punisher battling Kingpin, Bullseye and various thugs at a warehouse.
- The Avengers battling Red Skull, Baron Zemo and Hydra at a secret lair.
When think you've found everything, the last couple of pages feature another set of items to go back and locate in the earlier images.
Spider-Man appears in Times Square, as well as getting pride of place on the cover. He also appears on the inner jacket linings and as general illustration on the "extra things to find" page.
These books are ridiculously good fun. Sure, the page count isn't that high - but for kids of all ages there's plenty of fun packed into each image.
I'm not sure what the list price was back in 2006, but these days you can pick up these books second hand at amazon.com for less than a dollar (plus $3.99 shipping). That's pretty good value!
Sheer unalloyed delight. I can't find a bad thing to say about these books.
Note that the "Look & Find The Marvel Heroes" is also available in a "Little Look & Find" format. That's basically a pint-sized version which measures in a 6" x 9". The pages are shrunk accordingly, but everything else is identical. Same images. Same page count.
Note also that the © date inside the book is 2006, but it was officially published on January 12th 2007.